Army Medical Corps performs the task of conserving the fighting strength of the Armed Forces through effective health care delivery system both during war and peace. Army Medical Corps requires inducting a good number of doctors every year. From experience it has been observed that, induction of doctors coming out especially from public sector medical colleges cannot always fulfill the peculiar requirements of the armed Forces.
Government, therefore, decided to establish Rangpur Army Medical College (RAMC) to fulfill the requirements of militarily motivated and qualitatively better medical graduates for induction in the Armed Forces as well as to release a sizable number of better skilled and disciplined doctors for the national health care service.
- To produce graduate fulfilling the national goal and objectives of the MBBS course as laid down by the BM&DC.
- To provide a secured and disciplined environment in the campus, conducive to experienced and developing a sense of responsibility, social obligation and ethics.
- To provide a quality teaching environment by induction of qualified and experienced faculty members, equipment and other facilities.
- To provide arrangement necessary for healthy mental and physical growth.
- To adopt an approach of five-party participation in developing teaching and learning environment (student, teacher, university, BM&DC and parents).
- To arrange exposure of the students to scholars, society and other medical educational environment both home and abroad.
|YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT||2014|
|YEAR OF COMMENCEMENT OF SESSION OF the FIRST BATCH||2014|
|COURSE OFFERED||Bachelor Of Medicine, Bachelor Of Surgery.(MBBS)|
|CURRICULUM||Curriculum for under-graduate Medical Education in Bangladesh-Updated 2012 approved by Bangladesh University Of Professionals(BUP)|
|ACADEMIC YEAR||January to June|
|CLASS HOURS||8.00 AM to 2.30 PM with an interval between 11.00 AM and 11.30 AM. For clinical students, there are two hours of evening bedside teaching classes in the Hospital.|
|AFFILIATION OF THE COLLEGE||The College is affiliated with Bangladesh University Of Professionals(BUP)|
|RECOGNITION OF THE COLLEGE||The College is recognized by the Bangladesh University Of Professionals(BUP)|
|APPROVAL OF THE COLLEGE||Universal Medical College has been approved by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare(MOH&FW) Government of Bangladesh in the year of 2014.|